In honor of the Drive for the Cure 300 race this weekend in Charlotte, Blake shared some of his favorite spots near his home. Take a look below!
1. GoPro Motorplex – The racing enthusiast’s dream! The GoPro Motorplex is the ultimate go-karting place to be. With a .7 mile, 11-turn track you won’t be disappointed.
“Before I had kids, I went to Go Pro Motorplex almost four nights a week. Now, I love to go out to Go Pro for their great Charity events, just like the event tomorrow (Wednesday) night!”
2. WhiteWater Center – There’s no better way to enjoy the weather in North Carolina! The WhiteWater Center is an outdoor activity company promoting relaxing, learning and playing. Enjoy the day rafting, kayaking, rock climbing, zip lining and so much more.
“The WhiteWater Center is a great place! They have live music on Thursday nights and a lot of fun events. On Saturday, they are hosting an event where you can build your own boat and take it down the rapids.”
3. Discovery Place – With two kids, finding family fun is essential. Discovery Place is a science museum where science is brought to life. Kids can learn through interactive exhibits and experiments all while having fun!
“Discovery Place is a great place to go up here, especially in the winter time when it’s too cold to play outside with the kids. We let the kids run around and Carter loves it! We have been bringing him there since he was six months old.”
4. Birkdale Village – When you’re married, shopping comes with the territory. Birkdale Village is an outdoor shopping mall that has stores and resturants for the whole family.
“Birkdale Village is a place that my wife and I go to on date nights, which we try to do at least once a week. We can go there and eat at various places including sushi, steak and so much more. More importantly, we get ice cream there!”
5. Bonefish Grill – Casual seafood and Blake’s favorite restaurant. The perfect pair!
“Bonefish Grill is probably our favorite restaurant. We had them in Florida, so it makes it feel like home and their food is amazing!”
6. Rock MMA Fitness Center – You have to be in good shape to race. Rock MMA offers Mixed Martial Arts and Cross Training as well as many more strength training courses.
“The Rock MMA Center is something that I started about a month ago and have just been having a great time being able to get in shape and learn more about mixed martial arts. My trainer Brian has been extremely helpful and I am glad that I found this place thanks to Dylan Kwasniewski.”
Check out Blake and his pink LeafFilter Racing car Friday October 9!